Longer, busier days are on the horizon in this part of the world, as we all gear up for the months ahead. This week, we’re sharing some recent farmer awards along with resources for hosting folks on your farm. Read on for the latest news from AGW, and Happy Spring!
Rocking Chair Ranch GCA 2021 Producer of the Year
Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW farmer, Joseph Egloff of Rocking Chair Ranch, was recently named 2021 Producer of the Year by the Georgia Cattlemen’s Association (GCA). This award recognizes an exceptional GCA member each year for their cattle and farming operation and the winners were announced on February 17 at the awards ceremony in Savannah. We applaud Joseph and the team at Rocking Chair Ranch for their commitment to good stewardship, community values and transparency, and we couldn’t be more excited for them on this well-deserved recognition. Learn more here.
Green Dirt Farm’s World Cheese Championship Awards
Congratulations to Green Dirt Farm, who recently won Best of Class at the 2022 World Championship Cheese Contest! Green Dirt Farm received awards in recognition of both their ‘Feta’ and ‘Aux Arcs’ sheep’s milk cheeses, which they make using only Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW sheep’s milk. Read more about their awards here.
Featured Resource: Hosting People On-Farm? Check out These Tips for Success
We know many of you are welcoming more folks to the farm as things open back up. As you develop your own safety protocols and preparations in conjunction with public health guidance, AGW’s Information Sheet “Guidelines For Farms that Host Open Days” outlines important general considerations for visitors and your livestock.
Updates from Your Peers
Check out the latest news from AGW-certified producers in North America and beyond.
- Seattle Times features AGW-certified Lost Peacock Creamery in Washington in “Cheese is a risky business, yet WA’s cheese-making scene is on the rise.”
- Saratoga Today features Otter Creek Farm in New York in “ASA Conservation Easements Protects 465 Acres on 6th Generation Farm.”
- Hart Dairy in Waynesboro, GA is now Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW and has been selected as inaugural participant in AGW’s Certified Regenerative pilot program per Food Industry Executive and Perishable News.
- Country Guide features Plateau Cattle Company in Nanton, Alberta for their sustainable farming practices.
- The Bollywood Ticket highlights Hart Dairy in Waynesboro, GA and Working Cows Dairy in Slocomb, AL for their Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW grassfed dairy.
- Working Cows Dairy in Slocomb, AL gives Kathy’s Southern Kitchen a farm tour of their Certified Animal Welfare Approved, Certified Grassfed by AGW dairy farm.
- Devon Live interviews AGW’s Europe Executive Director on the future of regenerative farming.