This week, we’ve got some resources for you—the new issue of Sustainable Farming magazine, and reminders about all the information available to you on Farm Health Online and the Farm-to-Farm Sales advertising service for certified producers. Hoping your season is going well so far, and please read on for updates from A Greener World below.
New Issue of Sustainable Farming
Our Spring issue of Sustainable Farming magazine hit doorsteps last week for print subscribers and is now ready to view online. Written for farmers, ranchers, producers, and anyone interested in sustainable, high-welfare livestock production, the magazine covers a wide range of topics. This issue covers working dogs, transparency and testing in genetically modified organisms (GMOs), production tips and more (make sure to check out the great article from our friends at Soil Health Institute on soil carbon vs. soil health). Want to keep up to date on these magazine releases? Sign up for email notifications. Prefer the paper version delivered to you? Annual print subscriptions are available to purchase here. As a note: All AGW-certified producers receive a free copy by mail. We hope you enjoy this issue!
Featured Resource: Farm Health Online
Farm Health Online is a free access website for farmers, ranchers, advisors and veterinarians, offering practical information to support high-welfare management of food animals in outdoor systems. With entries on over 100 common livestock diseases, information on nutrition, housing, breeding and husbandry, as well as public health, biosecurity and legislation, Farm Health Online is an essential tool to support sustainable farming practices. Find out more here.
Resources for AGW-certified farmers: Farm-to-Farm Sales Advertisements
AGW’s Farm-to-Farm Sales is our space for AGW-certified farmers and ranchers to place advertisements for livestock, forage or feed, farm equipment—or even to lease pasture for grazing. The service is free and new entries are added regularly. Learn more and place an ad.
News from the AGW family
- Triple Pundit featured Certified Regenerative by AGW milk from The a2 Milk Company in “More certified regenerative foods are popping up on store shelves.”
- Beef Central featured Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW in “Research scopes out prospects for developing a lifetime animal wellbeing index.”
- Knowledge Centre featured the Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW label as one to look for in “Vegans vs. Meat Eaters: What is the right diet and is there room for a middle ground?”
- WTVY featured Working Cows Dairy in Slocomb, AL in “Working Cows Dairy: why they are proud to be farmers.”
- Visit Bellingham features Alluvial Farms in Everson, WA in an article about an upcoming farm to table dinner.