For those of you in the United States who celebrated Thanksgiving, we hope you were able to find rest, community and some good food this past week. Knowing that this is a busy season, we will keep this update brief. Please know how grateful we are for you and all that you bring to your farms, families and communities.
REMINDER: AGW-Certified Producers, Send us Your Seasonal Specials
Do you have any upcoming promotions like holiday markets, gift baskets, bundles, special orders, coupons, promo codes, etc.? Let us know so that we can help spread the word.
Apply for a Fund-a-Farmer Grant from FACT
Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT) is now accepting Fund-a-Farmer Grant applications. Grants of up to $3,000 are available for livestock and poultry farmers to improve and expand pasture for their animals, as well as those who are seeking or who already hold Certified Animal Welfare Approved certification. The application deadline is January 10, 2023. Learn more and apply online.
New Issue of Sustainable Farming
The Fall 2022 issue of AGW’s Sustainable Farming magazine is ready to view online. Written for farmers and anyone interested in sustainable, high-welfare livestock production, the magazine includes news, opinion and program activities, as well as in-depth technical features and case studies. We hope you enjoy it!
New Blog: Nature by Numbers
Measuring and managing soil health is central to all regenerative agriculture approaches. However, the new Certified Regenerative by AGW program takes things one step further by including biodiversity assessment and monitoring. Learn more through this blog post, originally featured in the Fall 2022 issue of Sustainable Farming.
For AGW-Certified Producers: Branded Merchandise for your Winter Orders
From farm signs to brochures, shelf talkers to AGW sticker labels, our branded merchandise can help you put your certification front and center. Check out our offerings and place your order online or by calling (541) 526-1119.
From Your Peers
- FoodPrint features AGW Executive Director, Emily Moose, in this episode “The Many, Many Labels on Your Eggs”
- Congratulations to Hayes Meadow in the UK on earning ‘Food & Drink Devon’ Gold Medal 2022/23 for their AGW-certified Organic Air Dried Bresaola.
- Just a Taste highlights AGW-certified AGN Roots for their “Best Grass Fed Whey Protein”
- Profound-Qa mentions Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW in their “Which meat products require a label?”
- The Daily Advance featured Ron Simmons, owner of Master Blend Family Farms in Kenansville, NC for his participation as a keynote speaker at the recent niche ag conference.