October came quickly, and I hope Fall is treating you ok so far. This week we are putting a bug in your ear about our annual producer survey (we want to hear from you!), highlighting technical support and resources to improve slaughter capacity, and as always sharing news and updates about AGW and the amazing producers we certify. We wish you a wonderful October, and to those of you in Canada celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend, deepest thanks for all that you do for your land, livestock, and communities.
2022 AGW Producer Survey
Our annual producer survey is right around the corner. Whether you are certified or not, we care deeply about the farmers in our network and want to check in with you about the state of our services, content, marketing materials and more. We’ll be sending out a survey link later this month, so stay tuned. And thanks in advance for your feedback, as it shapes where and how we allocate resources in the coming year.
Slaughter Plants: Free Grant Writing Webinar For Upcoming MPPEP Grants
The USDA, Meat and Poultry Processing Capacity Technical Assistance (MPPTA) Program Hub at Flowerhill Institute, American Meat Science Association along with Matson Consulting and Agriculture Grant Solutions are hosting a free webinar on grant requirements and grant writing skills for upcoming Meat and Poultry Processing Expansion Program (MPPEP) grant announcements. The webinar will take place October 12, 12-1pm Mountain Time. Click here for more information and to pre-register.
AGW’s Technical Support, at Your Fingertips
Farming is challenging. Best practices for one part of the country can be worst practices for another. If you have questions about something you are encountering on your farm, don’t forget these resources offered by the AGW program. They include Technical Advice Fact Sheets on a range of issues, Farm Health Online, Sustainable Farming magazine and one-on-one support from our technical team.
AGW Programs Highlighted by Natural Products Industry Media
Ahead of Expo East, a top tier event in the natural products industry, two articles from event host New Hope Network highlighted AGW certifications (and we’d say by extension, the amazing farmers we certify) as trusted and credible. Be sure to check out “16 certifications natural food retailers can trust” and “A Greener World supports farmers regenerative efforts.”
Also In the News…
- CBC Listen featured AGW-certified Bison du Nord of Earlton, Ontario on “Morning North with Marcus Schwabe” in an episode titled “Ranching Bison in Northern Ontario for 50 Years.”
- Kansas City Business Journal featured AGW-certified Green Dirt Farm of Weston, Missouri in “Green Dirt Farm Adds Crossroads Location with event space and rooftop deck”
- The October edition of Neighbors featured AGW-certified BOTL Farm of Ashford, Connecticut in “A Visit to Ashford’s BOTL Farm”
- The Brewer Magazine featured AGW certification programs in the article “Certified for Sustainability: 10 Investments for Craft Malt, Beer and Spirits Producers to Consider”
- The Guardian featured AGW-certified farmer Carla Gomez of Los Vallecitos in Mora, New Mexico in “The End of a way of life? Ranchers struggle to survive the southwest’s megadrought”