Whether you’re feeling a slight dip in temperatures or a shifting in your daily patterns, Fall has arrived here in the northern hemisphere. Our virtual Summer Road Trip wrapped up recently, and it was great to highlight participating businesses and the AGW-certified, sustainable food they produce. You can catch the wrap up if you missed it. Excitement around Certified Regenerative by AGW continues, as our team has been busy answering questions from interested folks. Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more and read on for more updates from the AGW program.
AGW in the News
Noticias Telemundo Investiga, a division of NBC, recently reported on the use of antibiotics in the meat industry and its connection to antibiotic resistance in humans. The story highlights certifications like Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW as an assurance for consumers to look for that ensures subtherapeutic antibiotics were not used in production. Filming for part of the feature took place at AGW-certified Chapel Hill Creamery in Chapel Hill, NC along with Weaver Street Market in Carrboro, NC, a retail outlet that sources AGW-certified products. You can watch the clip here, available in Spanish and English.
Grant Opportunity: Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center
The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announced the availability of funds through the On-Farm Milk Storage & Handling Grant program, which will provide grants for dairy farmers to access funds that support the purchase of equipment and other related costs that will improve milk storage, handling, and energy efficiencies. Open to farms in 11 Northeast states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Applications are accepted from August 25- October 6 at 2pm ET.
Featured Resource: Technical Advice Fact Sheets
Looking for practical information and support? Topics covered in AGW’s Technical Advice Fact Sheets range from reducing parasite risk, castration, range management for poultry and more. The full list along with other resources from AGW’s technical team are available online.
From Your Peers
- Agriland and Cornwall Live feature Trefranck Farm in “Kent Shepherdess to attempt world shearing record” and “Cornwall Farm to host leading female sheep shearer’s world record attempt”
- CNET features AGW’s Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW certification in “Chicken Labels are Confusion. Here’s what they do (and don’t) mean.”
- Farmer’s Weekly features Fernhill Farm in “Farmer’s Weekly Awards 2022: Sheep Farmer of the Year finalists”
- Pacific Sun features Toluma Farms in “Best Place to satisfy yhour soft ripened cheese addiction”
- Devon Live features Hayes Meadow and the Certified Regenerative by AGW certification in “Natura Friendly Westcountry Farms Sought”
- Adirondack Almanack features North Country Creamery in “First Inaugural Adirondack Cuisine Trail Open Farm Weekend set for Sept. 2-5″
- Montpelier Bridge features Big Picture Farm in “$1.1M Awarded to Local Dairy Processors for Sustainable Packaging”
- NOSH features the Certified Regenerative by AGW program in “Regenerative Ag certification options are growing but what do they mean?”