Happy first day of Summer to everyone in the northern hemisphere. Daily routines are changing for many, but work continues and there’s a lot going on at AGW. This week, we’re sharing new content from Sustainable Farming (available by subscription and for free to certified producers) along with other resources and news from your peers. We’re also kicking off a summer social media series, AGW’s Road Trip, where you’ll be able to come along for the ride with us to AGW-certified farms and ranches around the world (more below). Thanks for reading.
Emergency Relief Program (ERP) Information
The Farm Service Agency’s Emergency Relief Program (ERP), signed into law in the Extending Government Funding and Delivering Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 117-43), is designed to help agricultural producers impacted by natural disasters in 2020 and 2021. Learn more about the new program, including a helpful checklist of items for eligible producers.
Social Media Series: AGW Road Trip
Summer is peak road trip season, and while it’s hard to get time away from the farm, we’re hoping folks can join us for our first summer road trip on social media. We’ll travel to certified farms and ranches around the world, posting updates from our stops along the way. We’d love to have you follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share with others too.
Featured Resource: Health and Safety
Good biosecurity is about practical measures that keep you ahead of whatever pathogens may come calling. Learn more from Jennifer Gravley Burton, DVM, in an article from the latest issue of Sustainable Farming.
Featured Resource: Vaccinations
Vaccinations help prevent disease by priming the immune systems of livestock on your farm and ranch. Learn more about this topic and others from Farm Health Online.
From Your Peers
- Culture, the magazine for people who love cheese, featured AGW-certified Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery in Champaign, IL.
- Chambanamoms.com featured AGW-certified Joyful Wren Farm in Champaign, IL an article highlighting outlets offering farm-fresh eggs.
- WPLN’s This is Nashville featured AGW-certified Caney Fork Farms in Carthage, TN in “The Long Road to Quality Meat”
- Rockford Buzz features AGW-certified Gretta’s Goats in Pecatonica, IL.
- On Eastern Soil with Emily interviewed Ronald Simmons of Master Blend Family Farms in Kenansville, NC for their Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW pigs.
- Times Leader features The Lands at Hillside Farms in Shavertown, PA for their Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW ice cream.
- British Columbia News highlights Spray Creek Ranch’s owners Tristan and Aubyn Banwell for their expert agricultural advice to help create more resilient food supply.