With some of our busiest times of the year just around the corner, we wanted to remind you of the free marketing resources, which are aimed at helping you get the most out of your AGW certification. See below for more information and links to these resources.
USDA Extends Application Deadline for Meat and Poultry Processing Expansion Program Funding to May 11
The USDA recently announced an application deadline extension for the Meat and Poultry Processing Expansion Program (MPPEP), which provides funding to expand meat and poultry processing capacity. The new deadline is May 11, and you can learn more here.
Looking for Marketing Support this season?
Whether you’re a newly certified farm or a ranch that has been certified for over a decade, there are many ways AGW can help support and boost your own marketing plan. Take a look at the marketing support we offer, and get in touch with your regional coordinator to talk about specific ways we can help you get the most out of your certification. As an AGW-certified farmer and rancher, you’re already an industry leader in animal management and sustainability—we’d love to help you show it every chance you get!
Featured Resource: Taking Pictures of Your Farm
Good photos are increasingly important for today’s businesses—especially farms and ranches that sell directly to consumers. Taking good quality shots, particularly of animals, is not always the easiest thing to do. Written with AGW’s go-to photographer, Mike Suarez of Gorilla Byte Media, AGW’s Taking Pictures of Your Farm guide will help you take better photographs on your farm or ranch for use in social media, websites and other promotional materials. Free download available here.
In the Press
- Martha Stewart reports on what labels on chicken really mean and to keep an eye out for chickens labeled Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW.
- Martinez Tribune features Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW as a meaningful egg label.
- Yahoo Finance, Meat + Poultry, and WattAgNet.com report on the recipients of Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT) 2022 Fund-a-Farmer Awards, which include AGW-certified BOTL Farm in Vermont, Graze the Prairie in Kansas, Callywood Farms in South Carolina, Joia Food Farm in Iowa, Serendipity Farm in Michigan and Tucker’s Black Angus Ranch in New York.
- In the Claremore, OK area? Check out Woolly Weekend coming up at Shepherd’s Cross April 28-30 as featured in Tahlequah Daily Press.
- Against the Grain Farm is featured in this case study by NCAT.edu and Environmental Defense Fund for their climate resilience practices. Owners Holly Whitesides and Andy Bryant raise Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW beef cattle and pastured pigs.