We had planned on highlighting good news this month, and you all delivered. This week, there are some great mentions (see last section of this email) from your fellow farmers and ranchers. We’re also sharing reminders about some of the resources like Farm-to-Farm Sales and branded promotional materials that AGW offers to certified farms and businesses. And in case you missed it, we’re hiring! Read on for more news and updates below.
Pandemic Response Grants Available
The Pandemic Response and Safety (PRS) Grant Program provides funding to help small specialty crop producers, food processors, manufacturers, distributors and farmers markets recover costs incurred by responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, including for measures to protect workers. The minimum funding request amount is $1,500 and the maximum is $20,000. No cost sharing or matching funds are required. Applications open September 23. Learn more about this program here.
AGW Seeks Development Manager
We’re looking for a creative, motivated fundraising professional to join our team–do you know someone who would be a good fit? Visit our “Careers” page to learn more about the job and how to apply. Feel free to share widely.
Strut Your Certification
Looking for a way to display your certification on store shelves, at farmers markets or other retail settings? AGW-branded shelf talkers and vinyl decals draw attention to your certified products. To learn more and place your order, visit AGW’s merchandise page.
Featured Resource: Farm-to-Farm Sales
AGW’s Farm-to-Farm Sales is our space for AGW-certified farmers and ranchers to place advertisements for livestock, forage or feed, farm equipment—or even to lease pasture for grazing. The service is free and new entries are added regularly. Learn more and place an ad.
From Your Peers
- KKYR features AGW-certified Ozark Valley Bison Farm in Fox, AR as a great fall getaway.
- WCIA.com features AGW-certified Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery in Champaign, as they will be partnering with Tony Cannoli, area cannoli maker, at an on-farm event October 17.
- Mountain Lake PBS highlights the 2021 Adirondack Harvest Festival: Open Farm Week, featuring AGW-certified North Country Creamery in Keeseville, NY.
- WIProud.com spotlights the Salmon Welfare Certified by AGW and Certified Non-GMO by AGW Superior Fresh in Hixton, WI in their Harvesting Heroes series.
- Ozark Radio News covers AGW-certified Green Dirt Farm in their article “USDA Invests $24.8 Million to help Rural Missouri Communities, Businesses and Ag Producers Build Back Better.”