|You’ll find good news and resources below, including a helpful read for slaughter plants considering an AGW review. Know that we’re here to support you any way that we can, as a space sharing resources that make your jobs easier and reminding you that we’re part of a larger farming community that extends beyond our own communities.
Thank you for reading.
First Certified Non-GMO by AGW Rice: Welcome Cahokia Rice
Join us as we welcome Cahokia Rice, the world’s first Certified Non-GMO by AGW rice, to the AGW family! Julie Woodruff, Manager of Business and Operations at Cahokia Rice, says “We mill and package our rice crop in small batches to maximize taste and nutrition, harvesting the grains when they contain peak protein content. We guarantee that each package of Cahokia Rice meets these standards of quality that we hold ourselves to and A Greener World verifies that we meet their Non-GMO standards.” Learn more.
REMINDER: Deadline to Comment on Processing Infrastructure is TODAY
If you use, need, own or work at an independent slaughter plant, this is your chance to tell the USDA what’s important to you in terms of investments to improve infrastructure, increase capacity, and hasten diversification across the processing industry (including a specific request for information on regional processing needs—we know some of you have these!). Read the notice and submit your comments here.
Featured Resource: Slaughter Plants Needed
Originally published in AGW’s Sustainable Farming magazine, “Slaughter Plants Needed” is a great resource for plants considering opening their doors to AGW review. Read more, on pp. 16-17 of the magazine, to find out what you can anticipate during a review along with many benefits that are part of the process.
Updates From Your Peers
Please catch the latest press mentions about AGW-certified producers and the program below. This week,
- AGW-certified farmer West Jarrell at Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery in Champaign, IL was featured in a Kosu.org radio piece about keep animals cool in rising temps.
- MoreClaremore.com featured AGW-certified Shepherd’s Cross in an article announcing their upcoming September weaving retreat.
- Enjoy this episode of Preserve the Pit™ by Complex, highlighting Ronald Simmons of AGW-certified Master Blend Family Farms in Kenansville, NC.
- The LaGrange Daily News showcases AGW-certified LJL Ranch in LaGrange, GA for their fundraising efforts providing Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW beef to help their local Kiwanis Club.
- Adirondack Almanak featured AGW-certified North Country Creamery in Keeseville, NY in their article about the upcoming Adirondack Harvest Festival Open Farm week.
- The Appropriate Omnivore highlighted 8 Grassfed Cheeses, including those from AGW-certified Truly Grassfed as well as Lye Cross Farm.
- Smile Politely also covered Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery, featuring the brunch offered at the farm on Saturdays and Sundays.