The dog days of summer are here, and I hope all of you are hanging in there. This week, we’re sharing some reminders about ways to maximize your certification in seasonal marketing, and we’re sharing a few helpful technical and networking resources. Be sure to check out all the great news this week from your wider farming family, and if no one’s said it in a while, thanks for doing what you do.
Shop AGW Signage
With fall CSA signups and farmers markets in full swing (and with National Farmers’ Market week right around the corner), make sure you’re showing off your AGW certifications. Our signage makes it easy, with metal signs for Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW, Certified Grassfed by AGW, Certified Non-GMO by AGW along with a vinyl Certified Animal Welfare by AGW banner perfect for displays. Place your order online or by calling +1 541-526-1119 (please call/email to order in Canada).
Featured Resource: A Greener World Farmers and Ranchers Facebook Group
Are you looking for a place to connect with other AGW-certified farmers and ranchers? Our Facebook group can help. Be sure to check it out online, and please note that this is a closed group only for certified producers and those interested in certification.
Featured Resource: Technical Advice Fact Sheet 1 – Welfare and Belgian Blue Cattle
This technical paper examines the Belgian Blue breed, the phenomenon of double muscling, the welfare implications and challenges and why there are better alternatives for beef breeds.
Updates From Your Peers
Please catch the latest press mentions about AGW-certified producers and the program below. This week,
- Driftless Magazine covers AGW-certified farmer Melissa Driscoll at Seven Songs Organic Farm in Kenyon, MN where Melissa raises Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW laying hens.
- Up North News features AGW-certified Superior Fresh, producers of Salmon Welfare Certified by AGW, Certified Non-GMO by AGW salmon, in their article about Wisconsin farmers who are creating more sustainable agriculture.
- CTVNews covers AGW-certified Bison du Nord in their article titled “Temiskaming Shores promotes culinary tourism with passport tour.”
- Smile Politely featured AGW-certified Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery in Champaign, IL in their article encouraging people to visit the newly renovated farm store and bar with a food menu.
- Travel and Leisure covered Pennsylvania’s Ice Cream Trail, including AGW-certified The Lands at Hillside Farms in Shavertown, PA.