|Six Certified Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World (AGW) products received national awards at the 2019 Good Food Awards in recognition of their leading contribution to creating sustainable, delicious and vibrant food economies across the U.S. Winners included:
- Lucas and Louisa Farrell of Big Picture Farm in Townshend, VT, for their Maple Milk Caramels made from Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW goat’s milk.
- Portia McKnight and Flo Hawley of Chapel Hill Creamery in Chapel Hill, NC, for their ‘Danziger’ cheese made with Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW cow’s milk.
- Sarah Hoffmann and Eliza Spertus of Green Dirt Farm for their ‘Dirt Lover’ cheese made with Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW sheep’s milk.
- Sam Suchoff of The Pig Restaurant and Lady Edison in Chapel Hill, NC, for Lady Edison Pork Loin Pastrami and Lady Edison/San Giuseppe Salami Co. Hot Sopressata, both made using Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW pork from farmers in the North Carolina Natural Hog Growers’ Association.
- Tamara Hicks of Toluma Farms and Tomales Farmstead Creamery in Petaluma, CA, for their ‘Kenne’ goats milk cheese made with Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW goat’s milk.
The 2019 Good Food Awards ceremony took place on January 11 at the San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center. A total of 220 winners were chosen from 324 finalists, selected from over 2,035 initial entries. Among 75 finalists in the charcuterie, cheese and confections categories, the following producers offer Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW products: Archway Farm, New Hampshire; Big Picture Farm, Vermont; Chapel Hill Creamery, North Carolina; Consider Bardwell Farm, Vermont; Green Dirt Farm, Missouri; Lady Edison, North Carolina; Tomales Farmstead Creamery, California.
Congratulations to our certified finalists and award winners! With their commitment to the highest standards, to their customers and to producing food that is good for people, animals and the environment, A Greener World’s certified producers are industry leaders. It’s no coincidence that they also make delicious, award-winning food.
Read more here —